Synthetic greases are composed of more than 80% synthetic base oil which provides the lubrication.
Under extreme service conditions (very low temperatures of the order of -40°C or very high > 200°C), the use of synthetic base oils is necessary to reach performance levels that traditional greases based on mineral oils cannot attain. The synthetic base oils used are in particular:
- PAO (PolyAlphaOlefin)
- PIB (PolyIsoButene)
- PAG (PolyAlkyleneGlycol)
- PFPE (PerFluoroPolyEther)
- Synthetic esters
- These base oils are very resistant to oxidation and are notably used for lifetime greasing at standard temperatures. Synthetic greases represent a good number of speciality greases and are very often chosen for alternative maintenance solutions.
- Bearings for electric motors
- Micro-mechanisms, robots
- Micro-electronic parts, connectors
- Protection of glueing tables
- Grooves and lips of sealing gaskets
- Slides, rails
- Cylindrical, conical roller bearings
- Furnace rollers
- Motor vehicle interiors
- The thickener is determined by the service constraints excluding temperature: Lithium or Lithium Calcium, Lithium complex, Calcium Sulphonate, Polyurea, Bentone™, Polyamide, PTFE or fumed silica, all thickeners can be envisaged
- Additives (liquid or solid) allow the specificity of the grease to be further refined
- The base oil will express the choice of formulation to respond to the lubrication issue
The CONDAT range of synthetic greases has the following characteristics:
- very low pour point for operation at low temperature
- exceptional resistance to oxidation for a very long lifetime
- very high thermal stability avoiding decomposition at high temperatures
- High viscosity index (VI) to maintain suitable viscosity whatever the temperature
- good lubricating performance with or without additives
All these greases can be offered in grades NLGI 000 to NLGI 3. They all show very good stability with respect to oxidation and can be used over a wide range of temperatures.
|Range||Thickening||Viscosity at 40°C||Nature of base oils||Performance|
|GR greases||Lithium or Lithium Calcium||<15 to 680 cSt||PAO / ESTER / PAG / PIB||High mechanical stability, low friction coefficient|
|AKROSYNTH||Lithium Complex||46 to 460 cSt||PAO / ESTER / PIB||Cold start-up, Stable to shearing|
|CONDAT FORMULA||Polyurea||46 to 460 cSt||PAO / ESTER / PIB||Adapted to very high speeds, noise reduction|
|CONDAT MILLENIUM||Calcium sulphonate||46 to 1500 cSt||PAO / ESTER / PIB||Resistance to loads and impacts, anti-corrosion protection|
|PYRATEX||Organic polymers||80 to 500 cSt||PFPE||Exceptional resistance to oxidation, without ash, very wide temperature range|
|CONDATEL||Inorganic gel||20 to 20000 cSt||PIB / SILICONE||Electrical insulator, strong resistance to water, very good adherence|
Compatibility with other types of lubricant and with elastomers and plastics should be verified on a case-by-case basis.
Because of their technical qualities, synthetic greases are the obvious choice for certain applications. They can also be an alternative for optimising and spacing out your maintenance operations.
|Stability to oxidation and appropriate viscosity index||Lifetime and protection of elements = Reduction in maintenance costs|
|Wide range of service temperatures, specific levels of performance||Lubrication bringing a technical solution => avoid special equipment or costly modifications = Profitability|
|Limited evaporation, low friction coefficient||Reduced grease consumption => less processing of packaging, water = reduction in overall lubricant costs and preservation of the environment|
The use of synthetic greases systematically leads to a very important saving in labour, machine stoppages and above all rejection of manufactured parts.
CONDAT offers equipment suitable for facilitating implementation of our lubricants:
Condat provides a Technical Assistance to advise you and guarantee optimum use of our lubricants.