The protection of the main bearing of the cutting head is ensured by the simultaneous injection of a sealing paste resistant to wash-out: HBW NewGeneration and a specific extreme pressure grease.
The sealing paste is injected continuously as the machine advances in the labyrinth by flushing downstream of the lip seals. The grease is injected in the inter-seal chambers and leaks towards the labyrinth to mix with the HBW NewGeneration.
Sealing paste HBW New Generation:
- Resistance to wash-out: water, foam, mud...
- Resistance to pressure
- Good lubrication
- Compatible with the greases
- Self-extinguishing for added safety
- Respect for the environment in a spirit of sustainable development
- Approved by tunnel boring machine manufacturers
For more information about the products, their implementation, and a good match between the situation encountered and the solution to be considered, contact a CONDAT representative.