Rock tunnel boring machines, because of a much higher rotation speed of the cutting head and much drier spoil than earth pressure tunnel boring machines (EPB), create dust. Dust accumulation on the flanks of the disc cutters is a source of wear for the tools: disc cutters, grippers, cutters, etc... Further, it makes the atmosphere on the tunnel boring machine difficult to breathe.
For this specific application, CONDAT provides:
- foaming agent CLB F5/AW: it reduces the dust and its accumulation on the tunnel face as well as the wear of the TBM’s cutting head.
The CLB F5/AW foaming agent contains an anti-wear additive which reduces the frequency of tool maintenance. It has the following advantages:
- Low consumption
- Adjustable expansion rate
- Low environmental impact
- Lower friction coefficient than a standard foam
- Self-cleaning action on the installations
- Anti-fire safety
- Reduction in water quantity compared with a system without foam
In addition, CONDAT offers equipment suitable for facilitating implementation of our lubricants: